In hard situations you’ll need someone around that know what he is doing.
Or better yet, if that’s not the case- you’ll need to be the one that knows what’s he’s doing – here’s a little list of useful skills to develop that could save your life.
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation) – This could literally save someone’s life – and it’s a skill that, in my opinion- everybody should take the time to take a course and learn, along with First Aid.
- Keeping your cool – This is a “less practical” skill, but that could save your life as well. Being calm in sticky and stressful situations it’s a MUST and could completely change the outcome of whatever you’re facing.
- Cooking – Learn to cook for yourself and your loved ones a nice and hearty meal. Learning about the different methods of cooking (so your food retains the most nutrients) and the incredible properties of spices and of each singular ingredient can boost your immune response and provide you with a healthier stronger body – leading to face whatever emergency better.
- Prevent someone from choking – The Heimlich manoeuvre it’s another life-saving skill to develop.
It’s a “a first-aid procedure for dislodging an obstruction from a person’s windpipe in which a sudden strong pressure is applied on their abdomen, between the navel and the ribcage.” (From Dictionary.com)
- Having the strength to move heavy stuff – As a Man, being strong it’s a prerequisite, a thing you can’t overlook.
How do you expect to carry the injured, the sick, move a heavy object out of the way or help someone in need otherwise?
Developing real-world, applicable strength could make an incredible difference.