If you already do though (and I’m sure you do), that’s fine and dandy – I’m going to give you more reasons that can convince you that -that’s right – as long as what you put in your body it’s the good kind of caffeine, it has a lot of health benefits.
So get your kettle boiling and your coffee brewing!
As you may or may not know, I’m a health and fitness fanatic, and when I stumble upon ways I didn’t know about to boost my health I become instantly a researcher about that specific topic-to see if there’s actually some truth behind it and how I can make the most out of it.
Now, let’s begin with Black Coffee – not your cappuccino or weird spiced latte. Just pure and strong Espresso, black like your hood neighbor. (And since I’m 100% Italian I’m kind of biased here, but that’s for another time)
The “indispensable” little cup of coffee represents a typically Italian rite, fruit of an ingrained habit that has brought numerous experts to give their take on this matter when it comes to the health benefits\damages that comes with this… dark beverage.
Among the countless nutritional components of coffee there is -the more known and studied- of course, caffeine! since it’s blessed with important properties like:
- Having a stimulating effect on the gastric and bilious secretion:(That’s why it’s thought that coffee after lunch helps with digestion)
- Having a tonic and stimulating effect on the nervous system and the cardiac system:
(That’s why many people appreciate its attention-enhancing effect, whether they need a boost to get through the endless pages of a tome, or just as a pick-me-up kind of thing.)
- Its lipolytic effect, meaning it’s useful for losing weight since the caffeine uses the fats in your body as a mean to create energy (so it burns them) and that’s why an Espresso it’s an awesome choice before working out – it enhances STILL FURTHER the fats you’re going to burn and moreover it gives you energy, neat right?!
- It makes you feel satiated, so it is a valid aid in controlling your appetite.
This DOES NOT mean that you have to chug down countless espressi, mind you.
Because that much caffeine can have a lot of drawbacks, like everything, take it in moderation and be mindful.
To the green land!
AAAAAH. Green Tea, it might be one of my favorite teas\beverages ever! It’s so versatile and can be sipped on in any time of the day, hot during the winter or ice-cold during summer when you need a refreshing healthy drink.
I mostly go for the hot version, even in summer.
This ancient tea comes from an ancient civilization too: China! But this variety of tea has reached all of Japan, Korea and India as well as other countries.
Let’s see why you should bathe in green tea:
- Delays Aging: This might be one of the most known benefits, since the Antioxidant-rich green tea neutralizes the oxidants or free radicals present in the body. Therefore, regular consumption of this tea can effectively delay the signs and symptoms of aging.
- Has stimulating effects: Just like any other tea or coffee, since caffeine it’s present in green tea as well (even though in much less quantity than in coffee and other teas) you can use it for a nice surge of energy.
- Boosts your immune system: Research shows that people who regularly drink green tea do not fall victim to common bacterial and viral infections as easily as those who do not add it to their diet. The catechins, present in green tea, prevent bacteria and viruses from attaching themselves to cell walls to infect them. These catechins also counter the toxins released by microbes. This antimicrobial property also protects you from bad breath, dysentery, diarrhea, tooth decay, indigestion, flu, cough, and cold, and colitis, all of which are caused by the microbial and fungal action.
- Improves Cardiac Health: Some elements in green tea can also lower blood pressure reducing the risk of stroke and coronary heart disease.
- Controls Diabetes: If not taken with sugar, of course – the alkaline nature of green tea aids with reducing the blood glucose levels.
But like all things, risks are found along with these benefits as well, so if you’d like to know those risks too – let me know.
But what about you? what’s your favorite caffeine-based (or not) beverage that helps you stay in tip top shape or that just gives you a refreshing kick? let me know in the comments, and if you liked this post be sure to SHARE IT with your friends.